Location: Paris (center) with frequent travels in developping countries (33% of the time)
Starting date: As soon as possible
Status: full time, open ended contract
I. Key Aid Consulting
Key Aid Consulting is an agile international consulting group based in France and established in 2017, with partnerships across the globe. Key Aid Consulting is one of the sole consultancy groups specialised in the provision of cash-based interventions in humanitarian settings, including in complex environments. Its services focus on improving assistance to crisis-affected households around the world, notably via the harnessing of lessons learned and use of evaluations. These services are tailor-made while at the same time and cost-effective. Our consultants have extensive experience in the humanitarian, emergency and early recovery fields. They combine evaluation and programme management skills with their various technical expertise, including cash-based interventions, social protection, livelihoods, organisational effectiveness, and capacity building and learning, among others.
Key Aid Consulting manages projects in several regions, including the Middle East (Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, the Gaza strip), Asia (Philippines, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Nepal) and Africa (Ethiopia, Kenya, Mozambique, Burkina Faso, Chad, Niger, Nigeria, DRC, Sierra Leone, Malawi, Senegal, Uganda, Zambia). We work with several types of clients, including governments, international organisations and International NGOs. We also have several partnerships with academic institutions (SciencesPo Paris and Manchester University).
As our activity is growing, we are looking to expand our core team.
II. Job Purpose
The Evaluation Project Manager leads the management of new or existing projects and manages a project team to ensure Key Aid work is delivered to the highest quality. The Evaluation Project Manager interacts and communicates with Key Aid clients, associates, partners and team members. The Evaluation Project Manager supports the expansion of Key Aid project portfolio by taking part in business development.
III. Key Responsibilities
Project Management & implementation
- Act as the Team Leader to lead the implementation of multiple and complex projects to ensure delivery to the highest standards.
- Draft, review or contribute to the project deliverables including proposals, reports, evaluations and stakeholder workshops.
- Undertake field deployments to deliver Key Aid missions and support colleagues in the field for primary and secondary data collection design.
- Lead the collection, coding and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Prepare and maintain project tools, including work plan and budget, and proactively manage the team and project planning to deal with challenges as they arise
- Provide technical oversight of Key Aid analysts and associate consultants to ensure delivery is in line with work plans.
- Manage technical input of associate consultants to ensure timely delivery of project deliverables.
- Liaise with clients, partners and stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Routinely lead on project discussions and present with a wide variety of project stakeholders, partners and clients on a range of technical topics
- As per request, write clients or Key Aid Partners, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports
- Support with the development and co-facilitation of Key Aid training
- Ensure Key Aid products have consistent branding and identity
- Take an active role in the preparation and submission of tenders and proposals.
Qualification: Relevant university degree or higher education, preferably in economics or statistics.
Experience: At least 2 years experience working with consultancy firms managing projects and/or conducting evaluation and/or advising on public policies.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office especially Excel
- Good understanding of at least one of the following: R, Stata, SPSS.
- Autonomous, highly organised and efficient; ability to meet tight deadlines and multi-task;
- Able to take initiatives and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Willingness to travel sometimes at short notice on humanitarian fields
Language: Fluency in English and another language (French, Spanish or Arabic)
Open-ended contract, competitive package, health insurance, flexible working arrangements and opportunities for career development and learning
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter at with reference “KAC_001” before September 30th. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, applicants could be contacted before the close of application date.